Since Christmas we have attended 3 funerals and more than our share of visitations. The hardest one being that for my almost 2 year old cousin who tragically drowned in their icy swimming pool at the end of January. Soon after my husband's Aunt unexpectedly passed away and only 1 month after her spouse that had been suffering slowly over 2 years with Alzheimer's disease passed away.
Praise Jesus that in the middle of all the tragedy he gives us tiny glimmers of hope. We would all surely die of broken hearts if it weren't for those glimmers of joyous things like birthdays, weddings, and family gatherings.
Besides all the tragedy we have had some fun happy moments that I will share in a bullet post because I'm lazy like that on Sunday.
- Baked some awesome sweet bread.
- Sent birthday flowers to a dear friend
- Witnessed a gorgeous sunset.
- Cheered on the Bachelor...ha!
- Celebrated the nieces with the softball teams
- Many cold walks at the park with our sweet dog, Trixie.
- Remembered what would have been my sweet daddy's birthday.
- Attended the Live version of the famous game show "The Price Is Right!"...super fun!
- Bought a brand new truck.
- Laughed so hard watching "Duck Dynasty".
- Giggled with the women in my family over the new boyfriend in our eldest nieces life.
- Reached my Change Angel goal for Arkansas Children's Hospital!
- Made a birthday cake for our niece, Juliann, that turned 14!
- Cheered for our friends daughter, Sydney, in the championship basketball game of the 5A division. They lost but it was still fun seeing her play!
- Easter happened.
- Watched "Fireproof" with my sweet honey. It really tugs the heart strings.
- Dyed Easter eggs with the nieces.
- Made funfetti cupcakes and maybe ate 2 or ...
- Lots of March Madness basketball. Go Louisville!
- Spending a few nights each week watching the oldest niece play high school softball.
- Watched that same niece attend her very first prom. Talk about rip our hearts out. She has grown up way too fast!